Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya, Gandhinagar is a University established vide State Act 21 of 2007 in May 2007. The University has been established by “Sarva Vidyalaya Kelvani Mandal” a trust with more than 85 years of philanthrophic existence to achieve the following objectives:
- To provide need based education and develop courses of contemporary relevance.
- To be a University of excellence by providing research based activities which would foster higher economic growth.
- To provide education to all irrespective of caste, creed, religion etc.
The University has at present the following constituent colleges:
- K B Institute of Pharamceutical Education and Research (B. Pharm & Pharm.D) and D R Patel Centre for Advanced Studies in Pharmaceutical Bio Technology (M. Pharm)
- S K Patel Institute of Management and Computer Studies (MBA & MCA)
- B P College of Business Administration (BBA)
- B P College of Computer Studies (BCA)
- S S Patel College of Education (B. Ed – Gujarati Medium)
- R H Patel English Medium B. Ed College (B. Ed – English Medium)
- A A Patel College of Commerce (B. Com – English and Gujarati Medium)
- Shri Maneklal M Patel Institute of Sciences and Research – M. Sc., IT, M. Sc., Biotechnology, M .Sc., Microbiology, M. Sc., Chemistry, M. Sc., Physics, M. Sc., Mathematics, B. Sc., Chemistry, B. Sc., Microbiology
- LDRP Institute of Technology and Research – BE, ME, MBA and MCA
- Chanchalben Mafatlal Patel College of Nursing – B. Sc., Nursing, M. Sc., Nursing, Post Basic B. Sc., Nursing, GNM and ANM
- Narsinhbhai Institute of Computer Studies and Management, Kadi – MCA
- S V Institute of Management, Kadi – MBA & MAM
- H V H P Institute of Post Graduate Studies and Research, Kadi – B. Sc., Chemistry, B. Sc., Microbiology, M. Sc., Chemistry, M.A. English
- S V College of Education, Kadi, B. Ed Gujarati Medium
- Soorajba College of Education for Women, Kadi, B. Ed Gujarati Medium
- Narsinhbhai Patel College of Computer Studies and Management – BCA, BBA & PGDCA
- Smt. M P Patel College of Commerce – B. Com and M.Com
In addition to the above, The University also has commenced Ph. D programmes in Management, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Education, Bio Technology, Humanities and Social Sciences, Computers etc., from the Academic Year 2008-09.